Saturday, December 15, 2012

Presented With A Bow, Part 1?




























I posted about the Top Knot series by Elizabeth Mayville awhile ago, and have been inspired by them ever since. For some reason, I'm obsessed with bows. (just typed "boys" lolllll) I have approximately 483920 bow necklaces and things. Half the things I pin on Pinterest have some sort of bow. The thing is, I never wear bows. Unless it's in jewelry form. I don't think I could ever see myself wearing these bows in my messy bun updo seriously, unless I was happily married to someone who thought I was honestly the most adorable human being to ever exist -- hey, you never know.

I don't know who these ladies are. I don't know what event they're attending, or what they're doing in these outfits. They're just ladies. Ladies that like messy buns and bows. Personally, though. The blue lady could be Betty Draper.

For now, they're just whimsical little illustrations that I've been putting together in a mini series. I find that they make me really really really happy when I'm painting them. I'll typically sketch in pencil first, and sometimes it'll just turn into a pencil sketch - something I have rarely ever done in my life. But there's something so free about adding lines to something until the right picture forms. It's magical. It's magical, and I'm cheesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting!